2500 to maintain?

My goal while following the Raw Vegan diet (80/10/10) is to lose 30lbs. I know that while on this diet you should eat 2500 calories, but is that the amount to eat if you want to maintain your weigh? I was planning on eating 1800-2000 calories to help me to lose the 30lbs then work my way up to 2500 to maintain. What's your take on this. (I'm new here so I'm sorry if this question is stupid).

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Okay. Are there any meal plans on here to help me get started?
    • Best way to start is to get a case of bananas or another favorite fruit that you can get ripe (super duper sweet with no sourness), and eat nothing else but that for 10 days. Then add in one other food at at a time to see how it digests for you. 

Banana Islanders

• Welcome to 30BaD!  

"Here on 30BaD we do things differently from other raw food sites hence we have earned the reputation as being one of the most-informative, least-dilute raw food forums on the planet, when you come to 30BaD you find the most up to date, accurate, helpful information on how to succeed long term on the LFRV lifestyle."

Please read Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon! to learn the 30BaD basics.

• First off, be warned that this main idea of this lifestyle is eat as many carbs as you want to to heal your body first and over time, you will lose body fat if you need to shed some.  It is very normal to gain weight in the beginning because any of metabolic damage that you might have and or that you might coming from a diet of restriction.  Your body gaining weight is just a normal reaction to your past diets.  It could take months or possible years for you to lose the weight that you desire.  You should be eating more like 2500-3000 calories possible more if you are active.  If you are doing this diet to lose weight fast, you will be disappointed rather quickly.  This is a lifestyle more than your typical lose 15 lbs in 1 month diets.

• But I've read that people are gaining when eating 2500 that's why I'm not sure it that's how much I should eat once I'm ready to maintain.
This reply was deleted.