Traveling in Thailand, a HCRV Newbie

Hello everyone! 

My name is Freyja and I'm fairly new to 30bad as well as high carb veganism. I've been vegan for 3 1/2 years however, and am a chef at a raw vegan restaurant. I recently graduated from college, and want to do some traveling. Obviously, the fruit drew me to Thailand, as well as the friendly people, warm weather, slower pace of life, and inexpensive living. I'm thinking about traveling for around 2-3 months sometime between January-June of 2016. Living in a cold climate, it would be nice to go during the colder months-however, I would love to be able to go to the RT4 fruit festival in June. Or maybe I would stay for longer than 2-3 months, who knows! When's the best time to go?

I mainly wanted to reach out to all of you fruity folks as a way to connect with some like-minded people, as well as ask for any tips/advice while transitioning toward hcrv, and traveling in Thailand. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks 

Much love,

Freyja

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey! 

I hear Thailand is pretty nice during the winter, but it is gonna be a little bit less fruit there at that time! The mango season peaks from april-june and Durian season is pretty much the same. From what I hear from fellow travellers it should be pretty easy to do a visa run to Cambodia for example, and get a 3 month visa when your first 2 month visa (that you must apply for before you leave) expires. 

Alterantively, you could check out somewhere else in the area, like Bali for example, from january to march, where the durians are ripe there, and then head to Thailand from april-june! It's also possible to get a two month visa for Thailand and then pay to extend it for one month at your local immigration office IN Thailand.

We do have a travel ebook available here: http://sweetnaturalliving.com/travel-ebook/

It's full of tips about traveling in the tropics, including Thailand, and how to get fruit, find cheap tickets etc. 

Hope that helps! 

Mikkel

• Thanks for the tips! What other cities/towns in Thailand (besides Chiang Mai) would you recommend traveling to? I definitely want to be in Chiang Mai for the Thai Fruit Festival in June, but I'd like to discover other areas as well (and escape the smokey season). 

This reply was deleted.