$3 Newsletter Idea

So I had an idea to put out a funky newsletter each month for a small fee (like a donation) of maybe $3 a month. This way we could get quite a good following and reach a lot more people. Of course it would have to be pretty cool so I was wondering what ideas people had?

Thanks friends X

You need to be a member of The Frugivore Diet to add comments!

Join The Frugivore Diet

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's a great idea. It'd be easy to generate article topics, if we took the hot issues on the forum and really broke em down in article format (For example, BananaLove's "Weight Gain On 811"). The great thing about our subject is that these topics are timeless and never really get played out, as there are always newbies here as well as angles that the more experienced don't consider.

I've a lot of experience working with laying out the newsletter format. Actually, there were a few face-to-face meetings here in NJ w/myself, Roger Haeske, Matthew Warner and a few other experienced raw vegans about getting one together, and we shot around some great ideas, but it just kinda fizzled. It was called "WTF?" or "Where's The Fruit?", which I still think it's a good title.

Free, if you and at least a few others are willing to write an article or two each month (I'd volunteer myself of course), I think it is very feasible. The main groundwork would be in organizing the marketing on 30BAD and setting up the download and pay system, which I'm sure wouldn't be difficult for you by now.

I think a good thing to discuss primarily would be themes for the newsletter that would be featured every month. That is, not just have it as a container for random articles, but organize it so each month's issue is a bit more cohesive. So maybe each issue features "Durianrider's Tip of the Month", or "Freelee's Fitness Corner" showing a new move to practice in the gym. Also, it'd be good if each month's issue had a theme that a couple or more of the articles follow (ex. weight management, 811 socially, personal hygiene, travel).

As you can tell I'm all for it. Let's get this together.

• Aww Ryan! Thank you for getting back to me :) I'm not sure everyone receives updates or not.

...if we took the hot issues on the forum and really broke em down in article format (For example, BananaLove's "Weight Gain On 811"). The great thing about our subject is that these topics are timeless and never really get played out, as there are always newbies here as well as angles that the more experienced don't consider.

- Yes this is a fantastic idea, really good and you're right they are timeless.

Awesome to hear about all your experience with Newsletters Ryan, this is exactly the help we need on this project. WTF? Oh man you are good! Can we steal it? Lol

Yes its easy to work out the pay system, I can get that up as soon as its needed. Thank you so much for volunteering your time, we will be looking for a way to compensate you for this of course. An exchange of energy is the best way :)

Man you have some killer ideas! I can't tell you how happy I am to have asked.  

Ok all of which you have written really vibes with us. I'm now going to share this discussion with the other group members too.

Now onto the first step. What should that be? We can start writing articles whenever :)

This reply was deleted.