All Discussions (271)

Sort by

quick oats?

I am a college student with a tight budget; this week my fruit stock was running low and all I had was quick oats and inorganic potatoes. Today I had a HUGE bowl of oatmeal with coconut sugar. Is this acceptable or was it a vegan sin>>??? HELP

Read more…
2 Replies

Potatoes

A wikipedia page on 'complete proteins' compared a table of the RDAs of essential amino acids with the amino acid profile of 2500 calories worth of potatoes, showing that all the requirements were met and many were exceeded. This led me to key in 250

Read more…
8 Replies

Less awkward

Does anyone who has come to a high carb low fat vegan diet from and average vegan diet feel that, despite cutting out even more food, that this is so much less awkward than before?

When staying at my friends' uni house in Leeds I found it very difficu

Read more…
2 Replies

My FAVORITE green soup recipe!

Super easy and tasty soup that I recommend everyone should try if they want more greens in their diet! I found this recipe a while ago when I was trying to detox for a few weeks. 

1 leek, (white and light green part only) chopped THEN rinsed well

2 clo

Read more…
0 Replies

cooked starch/ salt

After watching a video on here about 1g of salt leading to 1l of water retention, I've decided to really cut down on salt. I didn't think I was consuming much at all but I've seen people suggesting to others on here to cut out cooked starches as they

Read more…
0 Replies

heartburn anyone?

I am currently on a HCCV diet/lifestyle mainly consuming steamed potatoes and veggies( and obviously loads of fruits and lovely BANANAS). My goal is to go completely raw but I'm taking it one step at a time so that I can do this the right way.

My situ

Read more…
4 Replies

ugh super bloated !

doing raw till 4 and i almost constantly feel bloated! i eat a couple pounds of potatoes (salt free) at night and sometimes a small bowl of rice because im on a tight budget.

i probably drink at least 80 oz of water per day.

exercise for at least 30 mi

Read more…
7 Replies

Has anyone tried Mr. Spice sauces?

Hey everyone, I just hopped on the 80/10/10  and the raw till four wagon. There are so many great things about this new lifestyle and I've been feeling the benefits of it. But there are days when I do crave sauces to help with my steamed potatoes at

Read more…
1 Reply

another refined sugar thread

just a question here about refined sugar. i do consume some of it, and it treats me ok for the most part. just wondering, if you could put a number on it, what is the upper limit in terms of percentage of calories that someone should eat from refined

Read more…
4 Replies

cheapest HCCV meals

what's up ya'll, money might be tight for me in the next month or two, but that's not gonna stop me from eating well! i know white rice is very cheap. what kinda of meals do you like to have centered around this food? or any other suggestions for som

Read more…
0 Replies